This conference aims to:
- Optimise the offshore transmission system to minimise losses for HVAC and HVDC
- Discuss modular solutions and grid code compliant designs with a focus on cost-cutting
- Learn from the utilities' experience in design, fabrication, and installation of substations
- Discover new electrical design concepts to improve reliability
- Explore proactive maintenance strategies for transformer platforms
Q&A Paul van Leest, Gemini Offshore WindWe sat down with Paul van Leest, Package Manager Electrical at Gemini Offshore Wind, to discuss his perspective on the major substation developments, what impact they will have on future projects, and how the industry could face upcoming challenges.
Press Release: 5th Offshore Substations 2016The official Press Release for the 5th International Conference Offshore Wind Power Substations 2016
Top 5 News Stories in Offshore Wind
Staying in the loop has never been more important, so wehave compiled the Top 5 news stories disrupting the industry over the past fewweeks.
CG Presents: Recent Trends in Electrical Substation Design
CG shares their presentation on the recent trends in electrical substation design for wind power, as presented by Stijn Hendrix, Electrical Project Engineer, at last year's conference.